Nominations for the Cary Award are encouraged and always welcome. All appropriate nominations will be considered by the Selection Committee. Please note that Cary Award winning plants are chosen well in advance of when they are announced to the public.
Criteria for the award
The plant must be:
1) A woody shrub, tree, vine or ground cover that is especially appropriate for New England
2) Hardy within at least 3 of the 5 USDA Hardiness Zones in New England (Zones 3-7)
3) Sustainable – reasonably pest and disease resistant, can be easily grown given the right conditions
4) A season-extender, with priority given to notable winter features
5) Available in the nursery industry
Please send your nominations, including common and botanical names, key features, and plant description to:
The Cary Award
Tower Hill Botanic Garden
P.O. Box 598
or e-mail to email@example.com.